Lorena
Friday, November 18, 2016
Hey everybody!
Welcome back! Thanks for taking the time to read my blog again. This post is to update you on what I did this week concerning my project. This week, I went out to the hardware store and bought all the materials, including hooks, wall hangers, a wood board, a wooden stick, wood glue, nylon string, toothpicks and wood staining. I looked for cheap but good quality materials, because after all this project is about building my instrument at the lowest cost possible. I also bought materials that were made to do one thing, but in my project they will be used for something else. For example, I bought large picture hangers to use it to tie the strings to the ukulele. It's all about perspective! And since this is supposed to be a cheap project, I suppose I should tell you how much all of it cost. After doing all the math, I got a total cost of $15,10! I looked up on the guitar center website and the cheapest soprano ukulele (which is the size I'm making) cost $40! So I think I can count the "lowest cost possible" part of my project a success. This week I plan to put together the acoustic box at least, and look up the tuning for a soprano ukulele, meaning what notes I should get when I play the strings. Until next week!
Lorena
Lorena
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lorena, I love where you are going with all of this! How many ukuleles will you be making? How much will you be selling them for? Or are you giving them to people who do not have instruments?
ReplyDeleteAnswering yours and Tucker's questions, right now I am planning on making only one because it is my first time ever making my own instrument. Maybe one day in the future I will have the skills and the time to either sell them or giving them away.
DeleteNice job Lorena! It's surprising you could find all the materials for a ukulele and it only costs $15. That's impressive! Also, I have the same question Josh does as to whether or not you plan on selling your ukulele(s), giving it away, etc. Great work this week and good luck on your next step!
ReplyDeleteThis is going to be awesome for people who have a love for music but do not have the money for an expensive instrument. When you finish do you plan to teach people how to play the Ukulele though videos or something else?
ReplyDeleteWell, I am posting pictures and explanations of the building process so people can make their own. I haven't thought about teaching people how to play it but that might be a great idea.
DeleteNice job of this week Lorena! I am surprised that you can find all of the materials that you need for only $15. I am looking forward to see what you are going to do for your next step!
ReplyDelete