Hello! Welcome back!
This week I worked more on the neck
of my ukulele. I attached the neack to the box with a nail and wood
glue to provide more support. I also cut out a piece of wood from my
board that matched the neck width and glued it to the neck and the box
also to provide extra support. This also makes it so much easier to make
the frets. Right now, I am working on getting the frets right because I
found out they have to be spaced very specifically. This also goes to
show how there is a lot more that goes into making an instrument than
what we would normally think. There is an equation people use to figure
out the width of each fret based on how long your neck is. If the frets
aren't spaced properly, the octaves and the whole thing in general will
not sound right. One of the main things that I want to accomplish on
this project, is to make my ukulele sound like a proffesional one to the
best of my ability. I know for a fact it is not going to sound as good
as one made by a proffesional, but I do want it to be as close as I can
get. That involves making sure I'm measuring everything right and
providmg good support. What I plan on doing next is I want to attach my
tuning hooks onto the tuning pad. Below is the vlog we were require to
make this year about our inspiration and resources for this project.
Thank you for reading!
Now you know you have to use an equation to figure out the width of the frets do you know if you have to use any more equations for your ukulele? - Julie
ReplyDeleteI think that is the only one i have to use so that the sound matches the size of my ukulele
DeleteYou use a lot of words I don't know like fret could u explain that? Good job explaining you are doing, what you have done, and what you are doing next. I don't see any grammar errors Keep it Up. Oh I have a suggestion but it completely optional maybe you could restate the question you are to answer so its easier to see whether or not you answered it.
ReplyDeletesorry for not explaining that. I see now it's a little confusing. A fret is the name for each of the spaces on the neck of the ukulele where you put your fingers on.
Deletethe vlog makes it very clear that you are truly passionate abot what you are doing which is very cool.
ReplyDeleteI loved the vlog! How do you plan on reaching out to people around the world who do not have access to materials like you?
ReplyDeleteNice progress, your hard work makes it obvious that you are very passionate about your project. Keep us informed on how you progress increases!
ReplyDeleteI love the progress in this project! The passion is very visible and I am super excited to see more.
ReplyDeleteGreat progress! I was wondering if you plan to make a step by step guide in the process for people who want to do it.
ReplyDelete