Thanks for reading!
Friday, February 17, 2017
Hello! Welcome back!
This week, as I said on the last post, I worked on my frets. I used my saw to make the markings after doing my calculations of how long each of them should be. After that, I glued the toothpicks on each of the markings with standard wood glue, as I am doing in the picture. I obviously had to wait for them to dry, so while that happened, I worked a little bit more on using the sandpaper to fix some flaws and imperfections around the box. That is what I accomplished this week. What I am doing right now is I am measuring exactly where I want the little tuning hooks to be on the tuning pad, and marking it with a pencil so they can be simmetrical and look nice. Obviously, I want it to sound good, but I also really want it to look good, like a lot of effort was put into it. Next week, I plan to screw in my tuning hooks onto the tuning pad.
Thanks for reading!
Thanks for reading!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I liked how you explained the things in your blog because it makes it easy to understand.
ReplyDeleteReally nice to see progress!
ReplyDelete(Maggie)I like how you describe your progress in detail. I like how you make your posts easy to understand. What is a tuning pad?
ReplyDeleteGood progress! Does the position of the tuning hooks affect the overall sound?
ReplyDeleteGood work! I like how passionate you are about you project! It keeps me wanting to read more about your project. - Julie
ReplyDeleteYou seem to have done a lot this week. I was wondering what all do you have left to do?
ReplyDeleteYou answered all the questions clearly, so good job on that, and congrats on your progress. I cant wait to see your final product. When will it completely be done?
ReplyDeleteI love the progress on this project so far! How much time do you think you will put in overall?
ReplyDelete