This week, as I said last week, I cut my nylon strings to the right length. The distance between the both ends where I'll tie the strings is 18 inches. I will need some extra space to tie the knots and the long-term tuning. So, I decided that 25 inches was an appropriate length for me to cut each string. This weekend, I won't have as much time to work on it because I'll be traveling, so I will just do a few finishing touches this weekend, like sanding and making sure the structure is good. This coming week I plan on start staining my ukulele. This will for sure take longer to do than the other parts of my project because we have to acknowledge the drying time so I might not stain it all this week. I will definitely start the process and do as much as I can. Thanks for reading!
very cool to see your almost done. I cant wait to see it.
ReplyDeleteGreat job! Sounds like you will be finishing a lot this week.
ReplyDeleteSounds super cool! I like how you are very specific with what you will be doing and knowing what needs to be done!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are almost done! Have you decided on what stain you will be using? -Julie
ReplyDeleteNice work Lorena! Look at some spelling and grammatical errors.
ReplyDeleteAlmost there! What color do you plan on staining you ukulele? Are you just going to stain it clear to bring out the grain in the wood or are you going to add color to it?
ReplyDeleteGrammar wise your blog sounds good and it sounds like you are making good progress keep it up! Will your peice be done before or after interim? Anyways Good luck can't wait to see your final product!
ReplyDeleteThe final product is going to look so good! How long do you think the staining process will take?
ReplyDelete