This week, as opposed to updating you on my project progress, our teacher told us to write something different on our blogs. We were told to explain how our Genius Hour projects might help us stand out to colleges and help shape our life plan. Well, personally, I think my project might stand out to colleges because building a ukulele is something everybody can do and will enjoy. A ukulele is one of the easiest instruments to learn and I think many people will benefit from making their own if they are in a situation where they cannot afford to buy a new professional one. Music makes anyone's daily life so much more vivid, much more vibrant. I believe everyone should get a chance to practice music and be able to create it. As for my life plan, I think this project so far has been teaching me a lot about myself and life in general. I learned that you really should plan ahead on what you have to do, I learned to be more responsible. But also, I learned that even if what happens does not match your plan, you have to find new creative ways to make it work. It's okay to change your plan right in the middle of your process. I learned that sometimes, when you think you absolutely need something to make sure your plan goes well, you might not be able to get that specific thing, and maybe you didn't need it after all. You can work around it, find new alternatives that will also make your project work the way the initial idea would. This project has taught me to be more creative, and to not be afraid to speak out loud about your passions.Thanks for reading!
(P.S. the ukulele on the picture is not mine.)
I like how you explain why you are doing the project and the meaning of it.
ReplyDeleteCool to see that you are genuinely interested in what you are doing!
ReplyDeleteI like how you explained how you are going to build the ukulele. I love that you are interested in your project.
ReplyDeleteI liked how you talked about what this project has taught you.
ReplyDeleteI know how much music is in your lofe and it is amazing you have a passion to help others find a passion as well!!
ReplyDeleteIt's cool that this project has been able to teach you a lot. Can't wait to see your ukulele all finished!
ReplyDeleteYou did a great job explaining what we did in class, and how it makes you stand out. You also did good job saying how it shapes you and what it teaches you. Keep up the good work, and i can't wait to see your final product. Good Luck.
ReplyDeleteI like that you are truly doing that you enjoy for your project and something that you are so excited about.
ReplyDelete